Hi, and welcome to the Rhythms + Grace Blog!
I’m Renee, the author behind the blog. I love Jesus, my family, other people, and coffee. I used to be extroverted… then we had 4 kids in 5 years. So now I hide from people whenever possible and write about real mom life here.
This site exists to encourage moms (that’s you!!) to create rhythms + find grace in their every day mom life. Because, let’s be honest. Real mom life is CRAY CRAY sometimes.
WHAT ARE RHYTHMS + GRACE?
By “rhythms” of everyday mom life, I mean the stuff that has to get done.
- Potty training
- Diaper changing
- Meal Planning
- Grocery Shopping
- Feeding more
- Cleaning up from feeding
- Feeding more
…and on and on. It’s amazing how all the mundane things can feel overwhelming at times. (Did I mention feeding?)
One of my goals on this site is to help you find rhythms that work for you to make those tasks more manageable.
If you are a Christian, you likely embrace the grace God gives you in order to be in a relationship with him. Grace for salvation. But the Bible teaches that grace – God’s unmerited favor and blessing – is for our everyday lives.
When Paul asked God to takeaway the “thorn in his side,” the Lord responded, “My grace is sufficient for you for my power is made perfect in your weakness.” For all our imperfect mothering, there is sufficient grace.
Hebrews 4:16 says we can approach the throne of grace with confidence, and receive mercy and grace to help us in our time of need. In the midst of our greatest moments of need, there is sufficient grace.
The ultimate goal of this blog is that you would be encouraged to receive grace in your time of need.
Maybe your time of need is that 30 minutes before dinner when everyone’s going crazy and you lose it more than you care to admit.
Or maybe, it’s the middle-of-the-night feedings that are going on longer than you’d hoped. (In that case, my sleep training guide will help!)
Maybe you or your child got an unexpected diagnosis or you’re desperate to rekindle the flames with your spouse.
Whatever your time of need, there is grace for you.
MAKING RHYTHMS + GRACE PRACTICAL
Thousands of moms have gone through my simple, 5-day email course designed to help you make the idea of Rhythms + Grace practical and customized to whatever your season in mom life is right now. I’d love for you to join and to “meet you” over email.
SOME POSTS TO START WITH
FUN FACTS ABOUT OUR FAMILY
- In January of 2015, we started paying off gobs of student loan debt with gazelle intensity.
- We had 4 kiddos in 5 years. I stay home with them, which I view as a humongous privilege, even though at times, I’m certain I’m losing brain cells with each passing day.
- We homeschool. (But we’re not that weird… just a little.)
- My husband is a genius tech nerd. He’ll be embarrassed if he finds out I said that on here.
- Our parenting philosophy can be summed up in: “Train up a child in the way s/he should go… pray continually… for everything there is a season… this too shall pass.”
- I taught high school choir for one year.
- I taught elementary school music for one year.
- I love budgeting. (Not really… I love the freedom that comes from budgeting and I love teaching other people to budget.)
- We lived in Boston for 9 months. It snowed a lot.
- A bunch of old ladies taught me to quilt and though I don’t make much time for it these days, I really enjoyed it. Back when I had hobbies.
- The only social media platform I can tolerate is instagram. The rest make me all
- I wrote an ebook about sleep training your baby. Sleep is possible!!!
I’m on instagram @rhythmsandgrace // Come hang out with me there. Except I take long and frequent breaks so I might not be there…
I’m glad you’re here. I hope you find encouragement, maybe a laugh or two, and grace upon grace.