Some of the links on this page are affiliate links. When you make a purchase through an affiliate link, I earn a commission at no cost to you. See my entire disclosure policy for all the boring details.
Updated July 2019
Thanks for visiting this blog! I’m glad you’re here.
My goal at Rhythms + Grace Blog (and in my weekly newsletter) is to provide practical tips, tools, tutorials, and encouragement to help you create healthy rhythms and receive grace in your every-day life!
Running this blog has become part-time job I can do from home while still being a homeschooling momma to 4. What a provision! Thus, I choose to run this site in a way that compensates me for this work. (everyone should find a job this fun!)
Therefore, I accept advertising and participate in various affiliate programs which provide income.
WHAT I DO AND DON’T PROMOTE
Integrity is important to me, as is gaining and keeping the trust my readers.
And therefore, the golden rule sums up my personal advertising philosophy for this site: do unto others as you would have them do to you.
Put simply: If I like the product, I’ll recommend it. If I don’t like it (and wouldn’t want someone to give it to me), I won’t recommend it to you. If I wouldn’t text my best friend about it, I’m not going to recommend it to you.
Put in fancy disclosure terms: While I am sometimes (but not always) compensated for the products and services I recommend, you have my word that I will only promote products and services I personally use or can recommend without hesitation.
- The majority of the products or services I promote I have paid for personally.
- Sometimes I promote products I have used personally without paying for, but still feel comfortable recommending via an affiliate link. For example, I frequently recommend and review books I have borrowed from the library, but I link to them on Amazon so that you can easily find the right one, read other reviews, put it on a wish-list, etc… Or, sometimes I use affiliate links for products we have received as a gift and I want to recommend to you.
- I also promote products I haven’t paid for when they have valuable free information attached to them.
- Sometimes I will promote a product I am not currently a paying customer for (because I don’t currently need it), but have been a paying customer in the past.
- Very rarely I will promote a product I have not paid for but comes highly recommended by people I trust. I can’t think of an example as it happens so infrequently. I will always disclose that I have not personally used this product if this is the case.
WHAT IS AN AFFILIATE LINK?
An affiliate link is like internet word-of-mouth advertising.
If you choose to purchase a product or service via my recommendation (by clicking an affiliate link), I earn a commission on the referral. Of course, this is at no extra cost to you!
Local businesses sometimes offer this ‘perk,’ and so do online businesses.
After all, the best advertising is word-of-mouth.
OTHER LEGAL STUFF (SO THE ATTORNEYS IN MY FAMILY CAN SLEEP AT NIGHT, KNOWING WE’VE GOT ALL THE BASES COVERED…)
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me- and only me!
This blog may accept forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other compensation. If I receive payment to write a post, it will always be disclosed clearly at the beginning of the post.
Even though I am sometimes paid or compensated for posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs or experiences on those topics and/or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
This website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The affiliate program does not sway my decision of what products to use and share as I only feature items I would link to with or without an affiliate link.
All reviews and opinions on this site are mine and mine alone. I always give full disclosure in each post if I’m paid or gifted to write about a product.