I love stockings!! It’s one of my favorite traditions. I have such good memories of stockings as a kid, and I LOVE picking out stocking stuffers for our kids. But, I really don’t like filling it with random crap that breaks or gets boring in 3 seconds.
Here are the stocking stuffers we’re doing in 2019:
Shhh. Don’t tell our kids.
- Fake old school cell phones. (They come in a pack of 4 or 5 for about $20.) So fun!! My kids LOVE playing with grownup stuff.
- Chapstick – our 22 month old has taken to putting it in his ear… so we’ll see how that goes #4thchild (This holiday flavor pack is fun!)
- Gum – Somehow, our kids still think gum is like an AMAZING special treat. Kids are awesome.
- Card games – Gonuts for donuts and Phase 10 are this year’s card games of choice. Some other stocking-stuffer sized games our kids have enjoyed are Spot It (we started with the “animals” jr version which is great ages 3-5, and eventually got the regular one.) Flash, Sleeping Queens, Uno, and this fun multi-pack of kid card games. (If you get that last one, they come individually packaged inside so you can totally get the pack of 6 games for $7 and divvy up the games between multiple kids!)
- Ornaments – I usually snag one at Target for each kid depending on what they’re interested in that year
- Rainbow makers/ prism catchers – seriously these are so fun!!! (Those are 2 for $8 ish, and have a hole in the top for a string to go through. Or if you want one with a chain, these are 2 for $12 ish.)
In year’s past, some other kid stocking stuffer hits were…
- Change purses – this 7 pack for $7 is fun! You could gift one to each kiddo, and save the rest for birthday gifts throughout the year.
- Pencils like this – remember these!?
- Other fun pens/ markers/ oil pastels/ art supplies
- Tiny notebooks
- Wooden train accessories – we did cool train bridges in stockings last year (bridge 1, bridge 2, bridge 3)
- “Real” keys on a keychain – are my kids the only ones who love playing with grownup stuff? Sparkle unicorns, superhero keychains, emoji, pizzas ha! If there are too many in a pack, save some for birthday gifts throughout the year.
- Fake cameras
- Jewelry or hair clips. My 5 year old this year said the only thing she wanted was a “clip collection.” Haha!! She’s getting these & these & a unicorn clip holder. I hope that’s what she meant! 🙂
unicorn | snap clips | butterfly clips
- Picture books like this with printed pictures they’d enjoy. Picture below is from Amazon but you can find them at the dollar store or walgreens for cheaper!
- Light sabers – My sister in law did these for her kids one year. Fun aunt award! These old school ones are classic & my kids have loved borrowing their cousins’ ones. These battery-operated LED ones look SUPER FUN too!
I’m sure I’m missing some – those are just a few ideas off the top of my head! What have been your kids’ favorite stocking stuffers? I’ll add to my idea list with your ideas!