Updated March 2017
Thanks for visiting this blog! I’m glad you’re here
My goal at Rhythms + Grace Blog (and in my weekly newsletter) is to provide practical tips, tools, tutorials, and encouragement to help embrace the rhythms and grace of every day mom life!
Running this blog has become part-time job I can do from home while still being a stay-at-home-mom. What a provision! I feel it is permissible to be compensated for this work (even though it’s fun)! Therefore, I accept advertising and participate in various affiliate programs which provide income.
What I Do and Don’t Promote
Integrity is important to me, as is gaining and keeping the trust of you, the readers. And therefore, the golden rule sums up my personal advertising philosophy for this site: do unto others as you would have them do to you.
Put simply: If I like the product, I’ll recommend it. If I don’t like it (and wouldn’t want someone to give it to me), I won’t recommend it to you.
Put in fancy disclosure terms: While I am sometimes (but not always) compensated for the products and services I recommend, you have my word that I will only promote products and services I personally use or can recommend without hesitation.
- The majority of the products or services I promote I have paid for personally.
- Sometimes I promote products I have used personally without paying for, but still feel comfortable recommending via an affiliate link. For example, I frequently recommend and review books I have borrowed from the library, but I link to them on Amazon so that you can easily find the right one, read other reviews, put it on a wish list, etc… Or, sometimes I use affiliate links for products we have received as a gift and I want to recommend to you.
- I also promote products I haven’t paid for when they have valuable free information attached to them.
- Sometimes I will promote a product I am not currently a paying customer for (because I don’t currently need it), but have been a paying customer in the past.
- Very rarely I will promote a product I have not paid for but comes highly recommended by people I trust. I can’t think of an example as it happens so infrequently. I will always disclose that I have not personally used this product if this is the case.
What is an affiliate link?
An affiliate link is like internet word-of-mouth advertising.
I always mention in the post that the link is an affiliate link. If you choose to purchase a product or service via my recommendation (by clicking that particular link), I earn a commission on the referral. Of course, this is at no extra cost to you! Local businesses sometimes offer this ‘perk,’ and so do online businesses. After all, the best advertising is word-of-mouth.
Other Legal Stuff (so the attorneys in my family can sleep at night, knowing we’ve got all the bases covered…)
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog may accept forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other compensation. Even though I am sometimes paid or compensated for posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs or experiences on those topics and/or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
This site contains advertising banners and occasional Amazon affiliate links. In the event that an Amazon affiliate link is used, I receive commission on the sale of the products. The affiliate program does not sway my decision of what products to use and share as I only feature items I would link to with or without an affiliate link.
All reviews and opinions on this site are mine and mine alone. I always give full disclosure in each post if I’m paid or gifted to write about a product.